Jean Monnet Chair of EU Environmental Law
Project number: 2006-1755/001-001 JMO JMO
Project title: „Jean Monnet Action – EU Environmental Law”
To further develop the research and education in European environmental law, with an emphasis on the jurisprudence of ECJ. Publish a book on the topic of ‘EU environmental law at work’, which may serve as a teaching material and also as a handbook on EU environmental case law. One of the aims is to export EU environmental law education with the given emphasis to countries, who whish to join the EU in the middle term.
- The project team has been set up:
- Gyula Bándi, team leader, professor of law, Jean Monnet Professor of EU Environmental Law,
- Orsolya Csapó, assistant professor, Ph.D. student
- Bence Stágel, Ph.D. student
- Szilvia Szilágyi, Ph.D. student
- Ágnes Kovács, Mrs. Tahy Ph.D, assistant professor
- Luca Kovács-Végh, Ph.D. student
The team had monthly meetings in order to finalize the preparatory activities of the first year.
Summary of the components of the project:
- Further developing the part on ECJ cases and implementation of EU environmental law within the compulsory curricula of environmental law in two semesters in the Catholic University (PPKE)
- Further developing the part on ECJ cases and implementation of EU environmental law within the curricula of EU environmental law in post-graduate education
- Developing an advanced optional curricula related to ECJ cases and implementation of EU environmental law
- Developing a regional study programme for candidate countries on EC environmental law with a special emphasis on ECJ cases and implementation of EU environmental law
- Publication of a book on ECJ cases and implementation of EU environmental law in Hungarian and English, which serves also the basis of the above elements
- Workshop in Hungary in the topic of the book with the participation of academics and practitioners.
- Participation in relevant conferences in the next three years
- Purchasing the relevant books